Thursday, January 17, 2013

For Aspiring Artists




Ladies and gentlemen, I had the chance to get to know one of the finest actor/model in NYC. Sid Curtis, who is talented, ambitious, brave and with his look confident; Reading the questions that were asked and the answers I hope you are inspired to continue pursuing your PURPOSE. Remember to continue to follow your dreams. LETS GO!!!!

How long have you been acting and modeling?  I have been acting since I was 16, throughout high school with some breaks. I got back into it once I graduated, but took a break when I first moved to New York and had a slow pace of it. Modeling, it's been since I was 17. Randomly, I favor acting over modeling.

What made you want to be in this industry? I've always been infatuated with the idea of working in a creative environment. Reading and acting out scripts is always fun because I get to portray something that isn't myself in an every day lifestyle. Same way with music, but on the other hand with music, I'm telling a story.

How are you managing when it is so competitive? I try to work as hard as I can, while I live in such a busy and fast paced city. I try to meet as much as I can, and see what everything has to offer. Just working hard. I feel that everything comes to you, if you're actually working towards it

 What projects are you working on now? I'm currently doing several spontaneous modeling jobs, and independent film jobs. I'm also trying to start up a music career. But, I just got back to New York from a couple months in Los Angeles working on various projects from Levi's to Adidas to web shows.

If you could pick any profession besides acting and modeling what would it be and why? If I had to choose another profession it would definitely be a journalist. Something about sharing thoughts and ideas on columns or blogs feels sincere and reassuring that I'm not only crazy one thinking 24/7. Also, it's just nice to hear what others are saying, same with sharing my own thoughts.

What advice do you have for upcoming artists as yourself and what motivates you? Honesty, what motivates me the most is my family and friends. And, living in a city like New York. I've made so many choices on where I want to live, and once I found where was "home" to me, I knew that I could get into high gear without any future living changes. Just find where you feel most connected with, and stay there with your art and grow it from that root. Also, watching cheesy behind the scenes footage of concerts or TV/film production motivates me too. It makes me think, "Wow, they really are real people. I could do that too."



Ways to connect with Sid



















No comments:

Post a Comment